My Books!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Beyond the Book


Welcome to Beyond the Book. Today we'll continue with out excerpts from Purple Heart, my Wild Rose Press release. 


Blurb:

Jenna West has no idea what she might have done to her new tenant Mike Hightower. He's surly and hateful every single time they meet, and he looks at her as though he despises her.

He does despise her. She's from the Middle East, and people like her killed his friend Ramirez when the army sent them to Iraq.

Will the power of love work its magic to soften Mike's bitter hatred, or will he ignore his growing attraction for his pretty landlady?

Last Week:

“Better since I got my discharge.” 

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I don’t miss the army at all even though I do miss my buddies.” 

“I feel exactly the same way.”

“Come on in and let’s have some coffee.”


Mike followed Stan into his office. The walls were 
paneled in what Mike would bet was some type of exotic hardwood, and Stan had covered them in pictures of Eden’s Crossing. The marble floor matched the lobby, and the furniture looked sleek, expensive, and modern. A black bookcase covered the wall behind Stan’s desk. “This is nice,” Mike allowed. 

This week: In this week's excerpt, Mike meets his old army buddy for a new job.

Stan seemed pleased by his approval. “Yeah, I think so too.”

He poured some coffee for Mike and sat down for a talk. “Your shoulder and leg give you any trouble?”

Mike shook his head. “Not really. I can feel it a little on rainy days, but I think my guardian angel was looking out for me that night. I’m almost as good as new.”

“Yeah, he must have been. A shame about Ramirez.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment